National Staff"I am proud to work for an organisation like Medair who helps people in need."
Serve your community
Our National Field Staff make up over 80% of our total field staff and come from diverse religious backgrounds. Through their professional experience and understanding of the local culture, they help to deliver high-quality assistance to millions of people while making a difference right in their own communities.
National Staff – Benefits and profiles
Learn more about who we look forward for and how compensate.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for a job as a National Field Staff, please contact your local labour office, your local Medair programme office to learn more, or choose your country below to see all current jobs near you.
Receive regular email updates with our vacancies.
Our commitment to protect
Medair is committed to the protection of all beneficiaries, volunteers, staff, and partners in line with Medair's core values - faith, accountability, hope, integrity, compassion and dignity - and particularly to the protection of children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and to comply with, Medair's accountability polices and best practices for the duration of their contract - during work hours outside of working hours.
COVID Vaccination for staff
It is our organisational responsibility to take measures which minimise the possibility of Medair representatives being a channel of risk to the vulnerable populations we serve. Therefore, with effect from 1st November 2021, all new deploying international staff to Medair’s country programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence. Anyone who is partially vaccinated is encouraged to become fully vaccinated as soon as is practically possible.
Benefits & Profiles
Who we look for
We recruit National Field Staff who:
- Are experienced professionals in one of Medair’s core sectors
- Fully respect Medair values, will uphold them with all stakeholders, and will actively contribute to our culture as an organisation
- Possess a strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Have a working knowledge of French (spoken and written), where necessary
- Are able to work in a multicultural team under difficult conditions
- Possess strong character, are able to handle stress, are sensitive to other cultures and genders, work with integrity, and are physically fit
- Preferably have intercultural work experience
- Preferably have experience in the relief and/or development sectors
For National Field Staff, benefits packages will depend on the local country wages package, aligned to the seniority of the role and the experience of the position-holder.