Shelter & Infrastructure Jobs"It’s so moving when I go to the field and one of the project participants invites me into their home - a house we have helped them rebuild."
Senior Shelter & Infrastructure Advisor
Sheltering people through the storm
When disasters strike and conflicts force people from their homes, providing safe shelter is critical to protecting survivors and setting them on a path towards recovery. We provide immediate shelter to people affected by emergencies and work hand-in-hand with communities to help them build back better, restore community facilities and infrastructure, and safeguard themselves against future disasters.
We look for professionals who:
- Hold a higher-level degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering, or Construction Management
- Hold an Engineering or Architectural Drafting certificate or Associate degree, a degree or certificate in Disaster Risk Reduction is an asset
- Have at least 2-5 years’ experience in construction projects
- Preferably have previous experience in humanitarian work
- Possess training and skills in project management, budget management, and people management—especially the training and empowering of other staff
- Have experience with proposal writing
Search current jobs
Afghanistan, D.R. Congo, Jordan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine & Poland, Yemen Communications, Fundraising & Media | Field - International staff
Medair ROC course
Afghanistan, D.R. Congo, Jordan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Middle East Region, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria Shelter & Infrastructure | Field - International staff
Plan, develop, monitor and evaluate the assigned shelter project(s), assessing shelter needs, designing projects, writing proposals, initiating and effectively managing and reporting on the projects...